Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Quick Hits

  1. Brett Favre - Play or don't play, but if you retire more than 3 times, you lose the right to be thought of as one of the all time greats. You will now be remembered as the guy who couldn't let it go. I would love to see him play for the Vikings, just so he could torture all the Viks fans (my dad, TW, Jay). BUT I really hate seeing nonstop coverage on if he is or is not throwing slant routes to high schoolers in Mississippi.

  2. Manny - Surprised? Me either. The only positive is being able to give my buddy Zeb a hard time about the 04 and 07 Sox being dirty.

  3. A Rod - Happiest guy on earth as all these other scandals hide his comeback to the Yanks.

  4. Clemens - The guy that I really wanted to go away quietly. I love baseball and I really loved watching him pitch. Probably the greatest pitcher any of us have ever seen. And now this morning he jumps all over sports radio and highjacks my day.
Check ya soon! (and thanks for the shout out MslaCat!)

4 comments:

Tyler said...

Brett Favre is the closest real life example of Darth Vader. However, getting him to play for my team will be like the end to Return of the Jedi where Vader finally sees the light at the end of his life and abandons the Dark Side to save his son (the Vikings in this analogy) from the evil emperor (Brad Childress). OK I may be a nerd.

Coach Scanson said...

"MAY" be a nerd? really? honestly?

Actually I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Favre is the perfect "GUNSLINGER" for the Vikes! I am pretty sure that is how Tyler described Favre?

Tyler said...

I would never use the term "gunslinger" to describe Favre. That is way to overused. I have other terms to describe him though...however this is a family blog.