Friday, August 21, 2009

Film Friday!!!

One of the hardest parts of my job is watching interested film. Ok, its not the hardest part of the job, just a part of the job that I never get to cross off my to-do list and something that is just difficult for me.
I am very goal oriented and get really excited about big time projects. I love the idea of putting together a YouTube commercial, getting it loaded and crossing it off the list. During camp season I can cross off things like: get officials, set up lunches, hire coaches, daily agenda, sign up forms, etc. Interested film isn't like that.
Interested Film is game film sent to us by kids that want to play college basketball. It is really a great strategy for kids to send in their best games for us to watch because if we haven't seen them play, how could we recruit them? We get a fair share of highlight videos which really does us no good. Even I look like an All-American in a highlight film! :)
So I have for the past few weeks designated two hours each Friday as "FILM FRIDAY!" I know that I will never be done watching interested film, but at least I can cross it off my list once a week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: